Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Dezine Life Logo

I love keeping up this blog and sharing everything with you guys...and I love having an online portfolio that employers can look at it. But most of all, I love to be able to see all of my projects and how my talents can develop throughout my time at Pitt State.

However, I would like to eventually move on to my own website. So recently I have started thinking about logos for a website and I want to stick with the name "Dezine Life."


Design 1
  • Font: Amadeus
  • Butterfly created in Illustrator
I loved the font but I wanted something more versatile...I wanted to be able to have the font be one color and the cute accents in the font to be other colors.




In my InDesign file I created three layers: 1. butterfly.ai file, 2. "Dezine Life", 3. "Dezine Life" copy.

On the second layer, I converted the font to outlines and then used the 'Delete Anchor Points' tool to delete the accent lines and cirles.

Then I used the 'Line Tool' to kind of "trace" over the lines and circles in the words on the third layer...making them separate objects from the words on the second layer.

Then I deleted the third layer altogether. Which left me with the butterfly layer and the layer that contained the words and the accents.

So now I am able to change the colors of the accents but keep it looking like one font. Love being able to play around with the colors!

I'm still pretty new at using all this software so for all I know there was an easier way to do this and so if anyone knows that way feel free to shout out a comment and give me some pointers! Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment